Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Praze every beat of my heart




During a routine physical my doc noted an extra beat...a pvc -- premature ventrical contraction -- which isn't necessarily a problem for a healthy heart.But, just to be sure, I'm wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours. I keep wondering what the monitor is recording. Did it record that little flutter of excitement when I found Rhode's Frozen garlic-butter rolls on sale with a coupon? Did it warm with love when I spotted my little cat Baby typing on my keyboard with that "Who Me?" look? Did it pound with anger when I opened my Visa bill and found a charge for the Trend Micro automatic renewal which I canceled a month ago? And when I came back from my daily walk a little breathless, was my heart smiling and saying, "Gee, that feels good?" Does the monitor know when I'm happy or sad? Does it really know my heart? Do I? Or am I just thankful, that even when I forget it's there, it goes on beating? That little thunderstorm of lightning bolts in my chest. That great mystery that God created in every one of us. Thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment