Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Praze choices!

I so agree with Sue Schroder's column in Sunday's paper. Happiness is a choice. Or as someone once told me: Happiness is not getting what you want, it's wanting what you get. And when what you get is cancer, as it is for Sue and so many others, it takes a lot of courage and just plain hard work to choose to be happy anyway. Hooray for them! I'd like to add one more choice to the list in Sue's column: The choice to change channels. When the television show is too violent or inane, change the channel. When the radio is spewing hate, find a love song instead. I even refuse to open emails that I suspect might vex me. Delete, delete, delete. And I limit my reading of the news, too. Okay, Osama bin Laden is dead. Do I need to dwell on whether that is good or bad and who can take credit or blame? I choose to think about good things like peace, and bringing our troops home, and healing our nation. I'm tuning in to a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment