Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Praze Abe Krissoff

Just got word that a good man has died. Abe Krissoff, husband of my friend Sylvia, has been in hospice for several months and at age 93 it's not a huge surprise. Still, it is hard to let him go. Abe has always been such a spur, like a thorn on a rose, pricking me to think a little deeper. He is amazingly well read. Always reading. Always questioning. I remember the first time I met him years ago when my son Ryan and I were invited for dinner. Ryan was an angry young teen then. Irritated to go to see Mom's friends. But Abe drew him out, concentrated on talking to Ryan and I think Ryan liked not only the attention but also Abe's insistence on probing just a little deeper. A life well lived. Can we ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment