Thursday, March 10, 2011

Gleaming silver trophy

Once again I am beholding to the kindness of strangers, a darling girl working at the Hotel Marriott took off her shoes and socks and waded into the muck to fetch my silver sequin hat that had blown off into the mud flats near BayPointe. Kathy Longcore and I had gone out there bird watching on a chilly morning and a sudden breeze... well, the hat went flying and we sought this employee's help. She fetched a long handled net but it wasn't quite long enough and the next thing I knew she was rolling up her pant legs. I didn't even have my purse with me so I could give her a tip. Yes, this is the same sequined chapeau that went hiding under a hassock in a dressing room at Coldwater Creek and was missing for two days before it was found. And the same one that had someone in Gulf Shores calling me "the lady with tin foil on her head." The hat's a little limper now, but still shiny. Praze the employee of Marriott. May she receive many big tips from better prepared guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment